Monday 19 September 2011

Week eight - Tutorial Task

A small bump in the road!

After editing everything in two days, I got the last scene from André and put it in as well. I had put in the music we needed and the pictures of Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and MSN, and was pretty happy with the result.
Then Wednesday came and I was showing the short film to my group members, when my lovely teacher Lauren informs us that we can't use the music or the pictures we were using! Wohoooo! Great news! NOT!
The reason for this is because the short film is going to be put on this blog and YouTube, ergo the Internet, for everyone to see. To do this we need the artist's consent and permission from the people who made the pictures we used. I love copyright! This sounded complicated.

But no worries! We decided to approach the situation differently. We searched the web on pages like creative commons for songs that weren't labeled with copyright. And in stead of using pictures I just wrote the names in on the picture instead. Which actually looked better.
After no luck with the music we decided to go home and try to find music till next time.
When I got home I remembered that I know the guitarist in a Norwegian band back home. They're called "The Dirtydogs" and are actually very good! I found one of the songs that went well with the short film and am now pretty happy with the result. It's not as good as the original song we had, but it works.

So I sent a message on Facebook to the guy I know, and asked if he think the band would mind if we used their music to this project. I'm still waiting for an answer, but think and hope it won't be a problem! =)

There are never any problems, just challenges!

Everything works out, no need for panic!

No comments:

Post a Comment