Tuesday 26 July 2011

Week two - Tutorial task




Cellphones of the future!

As we all know, people are more and more aware of how their phone looks. It is not just a communication devise, but also a fashion statement. Our generation is very focused on our appearance. This is something designers and phone companies make a lot of money on. the way we style up our phone reflexes our personalities. As you can see Nokia has some pretty awesome and advanced ideas for our future phones. If it goes the way they want, we will soon be able to do absolutely everything on our phone. The "smart phones" has already taken away our need for a computer, with all the different applications to choose from and the wireless Internet. You have everything in one little phone. But as Nokia sees it, very soon we will not even have buttons or screens. You may be able to wear your phone as an accessory.
Wouldn't that be awesome? I haven't made up my mind yet.
I chose this video because I find it relevant to our topic, New Communication Technology. It shows how "old" technologies are being updated and improved every day. It also shows the influence a normal person can have on a huge company and their decisions, just by showing the world who they are through their phone.


Stumble upon it!! 

http://www.stumbleupon.com/


This is a web site that helps you find pages you might not think of checking out on your own. Personally I'm not that good at searching the Internet, and this web site helps a lot. All you do is write down your interests and click on "stumble", and it gives you a site regarding one of your interests. If you don't like the site, you just click on stumble again and it gives you a new one. Awesome!






Stay connected

Today we have so many ways to stay connected to each other thanks to modern technology. We have phones, e-mails, Skype, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, blogs etc. All of these are social and easy to use. If you have Internet connection. 

The things I use the most are my cell phone, Facebook and Skype. I think I've had a cell phone since I was 14 and I use it to text and make calls. It's easy and everyone has one. 

I've had Facebook for about six years now I think, and I use it to update my self on what my friends are doing and update them about me. I do that mostly through pictures, I'm not really the "update my status five times a day" kind of girl. But now that I have moved to Australia it's good to be able to share experiences with my family and friends. You can also share links and interests that others may like as well. The thing about Facebook is that I don't like sharing too much and I don't want people I don't know to have access to my profile. The reason is that information and pictures can end up in the wrong hands and be used in ways you don't want. That is why I keep updating my privacy settings and double check that they are the way I want. I think it is mean and wrong of Facebook to change their settings so often and not let us know. Cause then you thing you're all good and safe, but you're not and everyone can see your profile. Not OK!! 

But one thing I have grown to appreciate is Skype. When I was in Africa and now that I am here in Australia, Skype is used a lot. I Skype with my parents, my sister and my closest friends. You can talk for hours and it doesn't cost you a thing. AND you get to see each other through web cam!! I've heard people can hack into your computer and into your camera, so they are filming you. But that is a risk I am willing to take, so I can talk to my friends and family. Hehe.. 

A new thing I've started with now is blogging. I can't say I'm good at it, but I'm learning. I'm glad I'm taking this class, cause my family is forcing me and my sister to make a blog so we can keep them updated. So we'll see how that goes.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment